Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart Nebula, first HaRGB WIP

Xplode

After a few very good nights i got enough of both Ha and RGB data.

Image consists of a little over 7h taken through a TS 100Q unguided on a 10 Micron GM2000 HPS II

32x600s @ ISO1600 with 7nm Ha filter taken with Canon 6Dm (monochrome)

22x300s @ ISO1600 with UHC-S filter taken with Canon 6Da

Things left to do is add color to the stars, i need some short exposures to do that.

Some stars have halos in the Ha channel.

Other than these 2 things left to do i'm pretty satisified with my first serious HaRGB attempt.

a9a89f2fc1ae3619c6287ed64031e06b.1824x0_

Thanks for looking and thanks for any comments and likes :smiley:

Lovely image! (and don't we just love adding that 'unguided' moniker :-)  What have you got the RMS of your sky model down to?

ChrisH

Not sure, since i cant use the model maker (i dont have MaximDL) i'm struggling a little with the modeling.

The model have 2 times ended up totally wrong which is probably by 1 point being solved wrong (or i could have started slewing before the solve was finished), when this happened a 30 sec sub didnt even get round stars so it's easy to notice. 

Not sure, since i cant use the model maker (i dont have MaximDL) i'm struggling a little with the modeling.

The model have 2 times ended up totally wrong which is probably by 1 point being solved wrong (or i could have started slewing before the solve was finished), when this happened a 30 sec sub didnt even get round stars so it's easy to notice. 

Ah OK, I have an ancient copy of MaximDL 4 (must be 10 years old at least) which is good enough, I never used it for anything for years since I had a Meade 416XT.  Anyway, I had a loose scope last time out (dovetail bar was not tightened correctly) which still got me 25" RMS but the stars were OK-ish at 20mins (egg-shaped at 30mins), I will aim to get nearer to 5" next time but just wondered what I could get away with.

ChrisH

Archived