Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

weekend deepsky

russ

Managed to get out Saturday night. Went upto my local club for the first time in 9 months. Had a play with their new LX200 14" GPS, then got down to some imaging. Had no real plan but with Orion looking so nice couldn't resist another crack at the Horsehead. Double Cluster looked nice and i've never bothered with it before. Also gave M97 another crack.

All with the refractor, EOS 10D and Baader Moon & Skyglow filter.

Horsehead - 27 x 90secs @ 1600iso

image.jpg

image.jpg

Double Cluster - 19 x 50secs @ 800iso

image.jpg

M97 Owl Nebula - 8 x 90secs @ 1600iso

image.jpg

Orion - 2 x 90secs on EQ1 with Pentax 50mm (f5.6) lens, no filter @ 400iso

image.jpg

Regards

Russ

Pleased with the Horsehead, although i've seriously had to push the processing to bring out the red. Which has had a bit of crappy effect on the image quality....but well worth it to see the Horsehead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Caz, my second attempt at the Owl..the first was not good. Need to use the refractor at f9 really to get a better image scale. But you can see the eyes....just!

Grant, astrophotography wise, the 10D is identical to the 300D. The 10D has some advantages mind, like being able to use the programmable Canon remote control. And there's benefits for daytime use. By modern standards it's a very sloooowwww camera. If you take the current batch of DSLR's (Nikon D50, Canon 350D/20D, Minolta 5D), they have near instant start up and the screens refresh instantly, there's USB 2.0 transfer etc. On the 10D you don't have a compartment for a battery, thats where you chuck the coal to stoke up the fire. Try and build up a good head of steam, and eventually it starts up. And the LCD screen, well it would be quicker to hand draw the preview image.

Can sum up the 10D as beautifully built, superb handling, awesome image quality, low noise, awesome erogonomics, quite heavy and real sloooowwww (just a good job I'm not into sports photography). I love it to bits! It's a damn fine camera, even today. :lol:

Russ

Awesome set mate....well done

Damien, do you think you'll be giving the Olympus E300 a try? There's somereally nice images appearing around the web taken with the Olympus DSLR's.

Regards

Russ

Archived