Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

moon which is better

xtreemchaos

I'm a bit late to the party here but I think they're both great. The dob setup gave better detail, and after being retouched it's even better!

For 'getting to grips' with imaging, that's a brilliant start. I've just ordered a T ring for the gf's Samsung NX1000 and the Ep projection/T adapter set. I'm thinking if it's something I enjoy doing then I can look to getting  dedicated AP camera and AP setup in the future. if not, I can always 'dabble'.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J-N-Y- thanks for your kind remarks, alass its not a dob ive got its the F5 tripod mounted one , but i do plan to have a dob one day. yer thats all im doing is dabbling im mainly it to vis but last nov having got a nice sony alpha,i thought id give it a try, but belive you me theres bin a lot of bad images inbetween. good luck with your imagein set up.thanks again  charl.

I have the 130 on an eq5 at the moment... Looking to upgrade in the future to something more like your setup!! Maybe I can give you a run for your money come then! :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Dave- i am staxing mate theres 6x 30sec vid with 500 frames in the august one,cant remember how manys in april. charl.

Sorry didn't realise, thought it was good for a single image but just assumed it was because you have a bigger scope.

Dave- if only, im not very good at single shots thay end up dull and blery , i do have a ed80 but havnt tryed it on the moon yet.  charl.

Use 2x Powermate with mine to increase image size otherwise you loose quality when cropping.

Dave- ive yet to get a good barlow ,ive got the one that came with the 200p, its allright for vis but i dont think it would cut it for taking pics, ive heard powermates are the best ,i will have to save my pennys  or see what santa brings me. i did think it would be a problem with the eds wideness,i may pop the cheap one in when i get the chance just to see,there no harm in trying.   charl.

Charl, I like them both each has it's own positives. My vote would be without the ca. I would love to know the trick to getting the full disc, I'm not very good with the brighter phases yet and I downloaded full moon atlas for free and it breaks the moon down into lil' square sections "much easier". Kudos on those fine images of the lunar surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived