Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nights getting longer..... at last!

Kropster

Hate to break the news but the nights do not start to get earlier until June 29, they actually get later not earlier after June 21.

What happens is the sunset is a little later (less night) but the sunrise is later but by more (more night).

Sunset on June 21 was 21:21 whereas on June 22 to June 28 it is 21:22 - so one minute less night :eek: , it is the later sunrise that gives us a bit more night.

Don't you just love eliptical orbits. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hate to break the news but the nights do not start to get earlier until June 29, they actually get later not earlier after June 21.

What happens is the sunset is a little later (less night) but the sunrise is later but by more (more night).

Sunset on June 21 was 21:21 whereas on June 22 to June 28 it is 21:22 - so one minute less night :eek: , it is the later sunrise that gives us a bit more night.

Don't you just love eliptical orbits. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Oh no!!! :eek:

Well, at least there is more darkness..... I shall take comfort in that :laugh:

... and I am still undecided by elliptical orbits being a good thing!

Enjoy the summer while you can, go for a walk, go to the beach, climb a mountain, have fun. There's more to life than being stood in the garden in the dark squinting through a pipe and time enough :laugh:

Col,

Supposed to light pipe not look through it :grin: ...How was la Belle Francais?

Not been yet, going on 24th

Just bought a Pulsar dome from the classifieds (woohoo!) but still summer and loving it

I love the cold dark nights, dark mornings and dark afternoons.  But I do like a bit of summer too, not much but some.  I find it relaxing as it gives a mental break from the obsession... I mean hobby :-)

I agree with Peter, it's rather sad when the days start to get shorter, less and less time to observe the most exciting and dynamic object we have :sad:

The only good thing is that it's not too long  until the Autumn star party at Kelling :laugh:

Archived