Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

another eqmod question

Its doing my head in. I downloaded ascom platform 6.1sp1, then i downloaded heq mod 5, i also downloaded  carte du ciel.  I started carte du ciel went to telescope and picked eqmod, pressed connect and thats where the fun starts, it sort of half loads then dissapears and everything freezes  and I have to switch off the computer. I have tried everything even read the bit about the driver not compatible with windows 8, uninstall it and switch off updates etc. I,m lost

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Paul

What leads are you using to connect from your computer to your mount? Are you using the hitech astro usb piece of kit?  Are you using your HEQ5 mount, also are you using a usb to serial port convertor, if you are using usb to serial lead, have you updated the driver for the usb device at all, it worked for me?

Do you have a picture of your setup leads etc?

Please try this link: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/user/Hitecastro_EQMOD_Win8.pdf

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

Yes the lead came through the post today, I even followed that link and uninstalled/reinstalled, switched off updates etc. In the end I uninstalled everything and started from scratch. Its the EQASCOM when i select teescope>connect it comes up on the left hand side stays a minute then goes off and i cant stop that repeating unless i switch comp off 

Sounds like it can't find the usb port that the mount is connected to.

I go into device manager in windows and look for Prolific chipset on one of the Com ports.

That is the port to select from properties before you click to connect the mount to eqmod.

Ok I have got further now that 9600 was 4800 on the screen so changed it and its connected  (went green) but everytime i click on something it says scope is parked (cant see where I unpark it) also get a lot of not responding 

Hi Paul, go through Chris Shilto's videos on YouTube. He's the creator of EQMOD. There are some 45 videos and all worth watching and show you step by step how to set it all up. Just type in chris Shilto EQMOD in youtube and his channel pops up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK just trying to get my head round all the posts , when you are connected in CDC is the ascom showing up.  may be take a photos at the point when it freeze .

Have you got any of this showing up,

open CDC  connect  telescope  do you see (a box with tracking and connect in red)

(ascom telescope interface any were)

(configure is ascom set-up showing)

I start cdc then i go to scope> connect I have the screen up that says connected with the green bar. Then I get the screen up showing N ,S,E,W with all the controls on it (park scope, slew , polar align, etc. And its this that keeps freezing, if I leave it for a few mins then it says error timeout then goes normal but whatever I try to press like N slew nothing moves on my mount, I will take some photos and put them up

Archived