Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

See a home made observatory

I was expecting a small garden type shed with a roll off roof not a multi story observatory. I reckon after a visit to Tesco’s my other half wouldn’t see me for at least a week :(.

Two improvements

1. Intruder alarm

2. Rottweiler left off its leash

Paul

Thanks for all the kind words Guys

Still bits un bobs to finish off but as you can see I can use the place,

I will up date the Blog as I go along.

Would like also to thank Steve at FLO for quick delivery of new C10 Newt Scope, just need some good nights to get some use in.

What an awesome looking obsy - well done!

A couple of questions - did it require planning permission? How do you stop water getting in between the roof join - is there an offset with a run-off or something?

Thanks everyone for you kind words and interest.

Just a few replies to your questions'

1: No you don't need planning permission for this type of build, this is due to a few important factors, (1) it is not deemed a permanent build as it is built with sectional concrete panels & timber (not brick or block) (2) The building must be at least 5 meters away from your nearest building (ie house or garage or any out building) (3) the build must not be any higher than 4 Meters from the highest point (should you have an incline of land in your garden.)

2: The roof gets absolutely no leaks due to the design of roof lap so you form a type of fascia on one side of the roof.( hard to explane so I will take some more pics of this later)

3:Floor Vibration ? well if you look at the pics I have took looking up you will notice on the floor joist I have reinforced them bolted through steel bars, and on the deck of the upper floor it is covered with a 12mm interlocking impact floor tile that gives cushioning (you can see the type of mat used if you type into Ebay search, interlocking floor mats).

Hope this clears a few points up for you all and do keep checking the web link as I am now on with landscaping the garden and this will futher enhance the overall appearance, Cheers every one.

Archived