NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first light asi 174 10 pane mosaic

sooot

well the sun came out then in then out again but enough time to get the 174 its first solar exposure time, need some more practice using fire capture and the gamma setting as the skyris has a gamma pre set. the 174 was fireing out 100+ fps so took advantage and took 10 panes 1500 frames each with 2.5 power mate. first run went bad with horrid newton rings and a flat that made the image worse. few more runs interrupted by clouds rain sleet snow and typhoons mixed with ball lightning :grin:

1st run HAPPY BUNNY

'16600929891_f2d93d3764_b.jpgsun 21/02/15 by sooot22, on Flickr'

'15983007293_e8669021ef_b.jpgsun 21/02/15 by sooot22, on Flickr'

Nice one, Craig, sweet first light for the mighty chip.

The clouds did my head in today, I think I got some shots but am black and blue from the mauling by the clouds. Got hailed on twice. :rolleyes::grin:

Don't know how Steve enjoys the game of cat and mouse, give me endless blue any day...

yeah it was rain gear in, snow....hmmmph gear in.........AHHHHHHHH RAIN AGAIN....clear now got the scope pointing at Jupiter myself......not going well lol

You have my every sympathy.  Your weather is exactly the reason I image the sun from my garage.  Oh and it faces south across a valley and has an automatic door, couldn't be more ideal for the sun in winter.

Sorry to rub it in, but I had a pretty good session on Jupiter tonight as well, some people have all the luck.

Robin

Archived