Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 16/02 from Bembridge (decent seeing)

SnakeyJ

Windy tonight, but good transparency and at times decent seeing.   Not only did I get a good GRS transit, but also saw and imaged the occultation of Io by Ganymede, which is a first for me! I'll try and animate this later on.

Some issues with PIPP tonight after u/g to v2.5, in that it errors out and stops processing after every two centre and sorts.   But will leave AS!2 running the data overnight to see what I have got.

First run of the night RGB Winjupos derotation and PP in IA/Gimp.   Captured at 3800mm ish, 1750/6000 frames per channel.   Blues looked pretty reasonable tonight and WJ even managed to align Ganymede for me on this run :)

post-26731-0-24703100-1424137488_thumb.p

Nice image!

Some issues with PIPP tonight after u/g to v2.5, in that it errors out and stops processing after every two centre and sorts.   But will leave AS!2 running the data overnight to see what I have got.

Yikes, I see that too now!  I have no idea how that got through testing but I need to get it fixed quickly!

Nice image!

Yikes, I see that too now! I have no idea how that got through testing but I need to get it fixed quickly!

Thanks Chris - PIPP is an essential part of the workflow now and extremely useful. Pls pm if you want any debug on this.

PIPP v2.5.1 has the bug fixed and can process multiple files in batch mode.  Phew!

You have captured some nice detail on Ganymede, always a good sign in my book.  Though at the minute I would be happy enough just to have a gap in the clouds at the right time so that I can try and get some data.

Cheers,

Chris

PIPP v2.5.1 has the bug fixed and can process multiple files in batch mode. Phew!

You have captured some nice detail on Ganymede, always a good sign in my book. Though at the minute I would be happy enough just to have a gap in the clouds at the right time so that I can try and get some data.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris - many thanks for such a quick turnaround. I will download and test as soon as I get home as it looks good and I need the space on the hard drive [emoji6]

Nice one Jake. I sketched at about the same time. My detail /skills not of the same quality but not bad for 160x and with a green torch and notebook :0)

In many ways I prefer the sketches Shane, though I have never taken the time to teach myself sketching properly, it is something I would like to do when I get the time - particularly lunar views.    You certainly got all the key features and probably spent rather less time than I did faffing with the kit.    It was a glorious sky last night and I have to admit I do get a little too zoned in on Jupiter, when I should be making the most of the clear sky - should all change when I get my mirrors back from Galvoptics and get the 10" F8 dob up and running ;)

Hmm - nearly time to venture out briefly, but here's the animated sequence of the Io occultation by Ganymede repeated for this thread.

post-26731-0-97783400-1424212117.gif

The data looks better for the second and third sequences, so I will have another go at processing this tomorrow.

Fantastic image you obviously have some good seeing tonight, been a struggle in Bedfordshire though.

Cheers Pete, took a couple of hours to knock up around the kids bedtime and all - so I had to post it up on both threads ;)    I think I've had a bit of luck over the last couple of weeks, but your chance will come.    Looks like I'm moving house in a couple of weeks, so have to pack the observatory up this weekend :(

Archived