Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter, GRS & Callisto transit - 9th Feb

DrRobin

Hi,

A quick process of the last run on Jupiter with Callisto transiting (RGB, 20% of 7,500 frames for each colour).  This should get a bit better once it is derotated.

Still quite chuffed to have made some progress in RGB.

Robin

post-10602-0-75459800-1423526078.jpg

Hi,

Finally had chance to process the other runs, the one above was taken at 23:06, the one below at 22:14.  Clearly the seeing was much better.

post-10602-0-35718800-1423785330.png

I have been trying to de-rotate the video and also stack in drizzle, but I just can't seem to extract any better detail, sure the image looks smoother, but the colours are less distinct and if I push up the processing, up comes the noise.

When I use WinJUPOS to de-rotate and assemble the RGB, it only does Jupiter and misses off the moons outside the planet, does anyone know how to get it to derote the moons as well?

Robin

This is the run from 22:14, derotated, stacked with 1.5x drizzle and then combined in WinJUPOS RGB derotate.  The edges are smoother, but it seems to lack the detail and contrast of the non-drizzle.

post-10602-0-81272900-1423785733.png

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Robin

Yes, worth a revisit Robin :icon_salut:...as Neil said the alignment is out so a repro will be good...& practise makes perfect as they say..! ;)

Darryl, did you take your WJ tutorial down? I was trying to find this a few days back and couldn't find a reputable link.

Thanks for all the help guys.

An image taken at 21:40, processed twice, once for the detail on Jupiter and derotated using WinJupos and a second with less sharpening for the moons.  Enhancement using deconvolution and noise reduction in Astra Image.

Robin

post-10602-0-90358200-1423940131_thumb.j

These are all great. The last one stands out, however. Very nice. Are these at f/10 (ie, no Barlow)?

Taken with a 2x Barlow. You guessed it was with my C11, ASI120MM and Baader RGB filters. This last one is stacked in Autostakkert 1000 frames from 5000 per colour without drizzle, something seems to go wrong with drizzle. The RGB were sharpened using Lucy Richardson deconvolution and noise reduction before been assembled using WinJupos for Jupiter and manually for the moons in Gimp. A final process in Astra Image to reduce colour noise and adjust brightness and contrast.

Just three or four other runs to process....., but think this will be the best one.

Robin

Archived