Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New solar filter

bish

I had the chance to use my baader white light filter today.  With only a small window of opportunity I rushed around, hadn't charged my power tank or rechargeable batteries, hadn't read the instructions of my new 1100D, dropped things,  and some how ripped my jeans. While all of this was going on the dogs trod big clumps of dirt through the house. I just got it together and it clouded over.  Anyway, I managed to get a few shots before it clouded out, or I would have been really annoyed. Being a 'throw the dob outside' observer I take my hat off to imagers!

post-4165-0-48697800-1423257745_thumb.jp

Nice shade of Yellow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know it's funny because I didn't want it white, so spent  a while making it yellow.  Perhaps I should have got a yellow filter instead!

Here's how it really looked.

post-4165-0-74526800-1423259125_thumb.jp

Great start with the new filter. Like the false colour. There are very few set rules for solar imaging, many captures are done in mono with false colour added, and a lot of white light images go through a green filter for greater contrast. Cook to personal taste :laugh:

When things go wrong, they usual go wrong big style and it looks like that was your day. Still best to get all the failures out of the way and then everything will get easier. You get in to a routine, find the best place to sight the scope and note all of the settings, then it goes back together really easy.

The mono shot looks really good, in focus, nicely exposed and some nice detail. There is granulation over in the west so keep at it and it will come together. Colouring images is quite tricky, you usually loose detail and contrast so it helps to boost the contrast and adjust the brightness a little after colouring. The sun is actually white light, very little colour and for my white light shots I seldom add colour.

Ha is slightly different, that is narrow band in the red spectrum and it looks slightly more natural to have Ha shaded red.

Robin

Archived