Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"It's a mirror Jim, but not as we know it."

cotterless45

An interesting piece, to non astro types, (muggles) I suppose 22cm is big.

Its quite a long fl, has the potential for a planetary scope.

Cant see any secondary Dave, I think thats the container lid/mirror dust cap

Nick, give it a miss, you would be MUCH better of buying my 200 newt and making it into a dob  :grin:   bye the time you had sourced a secondary to work with it, and got it recoated it would work out pricey and as phil says, if it came from a cass then it would not work as a dob

An interesting piece, to non astro types, (muggles) I suppose 22cm is big.

Its quite a long fl, has the potential for a planetary scope.

Cant see any secondary Dave, I think thats the container lid/mirror dust cap

Phil - your right - having re-looked at the images I think the various photos show just one mirror with a wooden circular container plus a metal circular lid.

This mirror looks really bad to me - I would avoid and like Jules says a modern 8" scope with known performance can be picked up relatively cheaply and is good to go straight out of the box....

Probably cost £90+ to have it re-silvered and you won't know how good it is until that's done.

I took such a risk with my AE 6" and it worked out fine, mind you I got it for a song in the first place so it was worth the punt.

A 220mm F9 scope is quite interesting though

The "usual scratches" to the mirror is a bit worrying. If they're bad then it'll need more than a resilver :). It'd be a great project for anyone interested in regrinding (if it's  needed).Hope some one here buys it and keeps us upto date :)

Archived