NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light for my somewhat modified PST setup :-)

NickH

F40 and F5 shots using the DMK 2 and 4 series USB cameras...

Enjoy...I am...

And no hint of rust or astigmatism will ever darken my setup again..

1800-2000 ish frames of video using the IS Capture software (great app!), the F5 full disc image using the DMK 4 series cam in one go...(proms in one, and disc in one)

All images processed in CS2.

Some images taken with the setup on the WO80, some on the ED80...that's the neat thing about this mod...it works on most scopes.. :afro:

Various extension tubes and barlows used...

Absolutely cracking images!

Can you go into a little more detail on the equipment/technique? Is it the cameras themselves that are the secret or the filters used? I'd love to be able to see that kind of detail optically - it it possible with a dob + correct filters?

Hi Nick great images BTW...

I did a mod on one of the new PST's and i used a 102mm refractor as my OTA to be modded.

Can you tell me if an unmodded colour TouCam or a B&W Atik 2HS will be any good for imaging

with this setup?

Mine has the AE 90mm ERF (86mm clear aperture) and the PST ethalon

Toucam will be fine...

Mod details, I have gone in to in various other locations.

Just type "modified PST" in to Google...you'll get the idea, sorry to be a bit vague, but I have gone in to so much depth on this mod on so many locations, that I think Meade will be hiring hitmen soon :afro::D :D :)

Archived