NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New poster from darkest Devon!!

jollyjack

Hello everyone,

Been viewing for a few days, time to say hi!!

What a great site!! So much info, have been wading through all the good advice.

Am a Royal Navy weather forecaster, so knowledge of the met helps in my hobbies of hill walking, surfing and now astronomy. Saw the weather section, may make some contributions over there shortly.

Am looking for my first scope(s), thinking about a C6S GT, and would also like a large Dob in due course, FLO in Exeter probably worth a vist as only an hour away.

The skies down here are some of the darkest in the couontry, so it seems I fell on my feet when moving down from Burnley 4 years ago. Hope to contribute in due course, and hope to see the night sky one of these fine evenings, fogged in good and proper for now 'though!!

Well, that explains the Jollyjack, Royal Navy weather forecaster.

I just wish you could help with getting rid of clouds for us. :afro:

Anyway, a warm welcome to the SGL Forums JJ. You will like it here.

Ron. :D

Went to say hello last night. Saw their observatory, a 20" dob and many others!! They're about 3 miles away from me, hope to get some good advice about dobs from them, as they seem to be very experienced and organised. Seems abit extreme to book a holiday to a place 3 miles up the road, though!! :afro:

I never forget visiting there in Spring '06. Very welcoming and great setup there. Looked at the Leo triplet, Bodes galaxies and Whirlpool in that half metre beast. It clearly showed off the spiral arms on the whirlpool...blew me away!

Matt

Archived