NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Boring Pacman. Just ask Sara and Gina ;)

Tim

I wasn't going to post this one as it is just an image I was trying some techniques out on, namely, trying to differentiate all the different elements of the nebula with different colours, but it is one of my favourite targets and unique in its structure in the northern skies, and possibly the southern too, and it got a bit of bad press from the above mentioned good ladies :) For me good old NGC281 is second only to Orion for interest.

18 hours Ha in 30 min and 60 minute exposures

6 or 7 hours of Oiii in 30 minute slots

and just a few minutes of Red subs in 3 minute subs (substituted for Sii)

460ex mono on 150ED @f7

Thanks for looking.

post-1391-0-88799900-1413744512_thumb.jp

:icon_salut: How to reappear with a bang! Splendid, Tim. 

I can't speak for the aforementioned ladies but what has always bugged me about the Pacman is the way it often seems to emerge out of nothing in widefield images (including my own.) Now here you dodge the issue by closing in on the best bit!

This is a wonderful image which pulls out delicate detail in the Earwig, my name for the dust lane, and in the surrounding nebulosity.

I must say that you lot are piquing my interest in this fellow but my mad Irish friend Mr O'Donoghue has a little thing in hand which won't wait.

Olly

Loving the colours and detail in this Tim. You have helped to pique my interest further. If I decide to gather colour data then I will be looking at a wider field - That's one of the views of this target that I don't really like :)

For a real challenge Olly you might try with your guests to pick out the 5 star multiple system, apparently first discovered in 1875. Heaven alone knows how, I have spent time with some of the UK's foremost visual observers and on some serious kit, 22" and 24" best in the business mirrors, and I couldn't see more than three or so with averted imagination :p

For a real challenge Olly you might try with your guests to pick out the 5 star multiple system, apparently first discovered in 1875. Heaven alone knows how, I have spent time with some of the UK's foremost visual observers and on some serious kit, 22" and 24" best in the business mirrors, and I couldn't see more than three or so with averted imagination :p

I never avert my imagination. It's all I've go going for me...

:grin: lly

Archived