Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Favourite Binocular Objects ?

davekelley

With clear skies tonight for the first time in ages I will be taking my 15x70 Apollo's out for a look up. Unfortunately there will be a moon but I was wondering what are peoples favourite binocular objects. So far I would say the pleiades arethe most stunning sight in my light polluted skies that I have seen, being able to fit the whole cluster into the field which no telescope can manage to do.

Basically, I'm looking for suggsetons since I tend to look at the same things and then run out of ideas.

Thanks

Dave

Hi I use the same binoculars, my favourite object to observe with them is the double Cluster. I also enjoy looking at asterisms such as Kemble's Cascade or the Coathanger. I like to look at Jupiter (as a disc) with the moons trailing aligned. I find them very convenient to use at home for lunar observing.

The Owl Cluster NGC 457 in Cassiopeia is interesting to.

Another one for the double cluster - it was the first thing I observed in my new Revelation 20x80s and it blew my socks off. Gave me a taste for why all the folk on here like the widefield refractors. The moon will interfere a bit, but it will still be stunning.

Apart from trawling the Milky Way, I also enjoy M13 and M27 (the Dumbell), which I was amazed to see in these. And don't forget the moon itself. The crisp views you'll get can give some really satisfying views. Highlight for me was seeing the Moon / Saturn conjunction in August with Saturn's disc only a few arcminutes from the lunar limb.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived