Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally, I now have a ..

Uplooker

Working Dobsonian mount :-)

Managed to finish off fitting the PTFE and Moonlite this morning, so obviously not had a chance to use it in anger yet. It's a bit ironic really, finished it today, go on holiday for 10 days tomorrow :-(

It works really smoothly. I even fitted a dob knob - thanks to Shane for some parts.

I still have a few little niggles to sort out but the main thing is, it works, who'd have thought.

I can see what people are on about when cautioning people about buying big dobs, after lugging my empty OTA about, it makes a big difference when you have got the mirror in. Blimey it's heavy. I am used to lifting my NEQ6 with scope and all weights on it but the dob is just a bit more awkward.

All I need to do now is build my Denver seat.

post-8422-140836873394_thumb.jpgpost-8422-140836875039_thumb.jpgpost-8422-140836876469_thumb.jpg

Ian

Thank you very much. It has taken me an absolute age to get here. All due to lack of suitable tools (begged and borrowed) and other demands on my time.

@ steve, they are 422mm dia. with a 50mm thick rim. I think I should have maybe gone a bick thicker on the rim, but hey ho, you live and learn.

I have gone for pretty much square everything as apart from the height of the rocker sides everything is 422mm. Keeps its simple :grin:

I am not about to undertake another one just yet, but I have certainly learn't a lot about what to and what not to do.

Ian

Archived