Saw The Teapot from Lanzarote

kirkster501

...and great to see some other objects that are so low in the UK at a decent altitude.  Explored Scorpio objects too. Went equipped with my 10x50's and my S+T pocket star atlas.  Slightly hazy there in the evenings but had a few good sessions (including beer sessions of course ;-)   ).

First time me and my little girl been on holiday without my late wife Yvonne so it was quite poignant but a hurdle cleared.

• 2 weeks later...

amazing isn't it, so many objects to be seen around kaus borealis and mu sag with a pair of bins, and I'm pretty sure I could see the lagoon nebula with the naked eye.

I reckon it's a camel btw, not a teapot - kaus borealis is the hump, legs below, tail to the right, and those stars up on the left are its head.  And capricorn looks like a pair of bikini bottoms...

Seeing the whole of Scorpius is quite something :) I'm looked in very intense negotiations about a holiday in La Palma with my wife... I've stumbled on what may be a suitable compromise... Tenerife :)

Its nice to hear you were able to take your daughter and it went well.

James

Archived