Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun-day, Menorcan style. A study in WL & Ha

DrRobin

Hi,

Another slightly cloudy start to the day, but it cleared whilst setting up, so got some nice images in the bag before the wind and Mrs DrRobin's inpatience got too much.  I have tried a slightly modified processing technique on the prime focus Ha shots, boosting the [local] contrast much more than normal.

My USB lead in to the Quark is going on the blink.  It has to be held in just the right spot otherwise it doesn't start up.  Once warmed up, it seems better.  I am going to have to scour the local shops as in a bid to save weight, I didn't bring a spare.

Robin

Sun in WL, WO ZS80, Lunt wedge, ASI120MM-S

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-27-7-14-1-wl.

Ha, 0.5x barlow, Quark, WO ZS80

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-27-7-14-2-ha-

False colour

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-27-7-14-2-ha-

Notice the looping prom in the lower left.....

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-27-7-14-3-ha-

The main AR without the barlow

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-27-7-14-4-ha.

And in false colour

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-27-7-14-4-ha-

The 'other' AR.

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-27-7-14-5-ha.

The looping prom

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-27-7-14-7-pro

Very nice results.

I used to go to Menorca (Santo Thomas) about 10 years ago. Some very nice memories of a lovely island and dark skies.

Citadella for the cable?

Kev

Thanks guys. 

Very nice results.

I used to go to Menorca (Santo Thomas) about 10 years ago. Some very nice memories of a lovely island and dark skies.

Citadella for the cable?

Kev

We are staying just down the road from Cuitadella at Cala n Bosch.  It is great here, we love it.  But a few too many street lights to make it dark on a night.  BTW Scarborough is my home town, but I left 32 years ago to go to Uni and never came back.  Some dark skies around you, driving back across the moors makes me really jealous.

Robin

Very nice results.I used to go to Menorca (Santo Thomas) about 10 years ago. Some very nice memories of a lovely island and dark skies.Citadella for the cable? Kev

I did a search of Cuitadella today for the cable, the only one I found was the wrong type, mini v micro USB. It is fixed by tying a knot in it, hope it holds out for another few days. There must be a break in the cable, tying a knot is just keeps it in the right place.

Lovely photos. I am going to Menorca next month

Lucky you. I would take a small scope or some binocs, awy from the street lights there are some great views.

Robin

Just love that method of fixing it. 8-)

Good luck with the cable

Its clear here tonight, and its gone nice n dark (almost) now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived