NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Online telescopes?

Manok101

The weather here has been abysmal for viewing lately and I'm aware of a few online telescope places where you can rent time and take a few shots. My question is is it worth it, and what's the best option out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Up to a dollar a minute for imgaing? EEEEK!

....vs £5000 for you own kit and no imaging time at all- due to cloud/short summer nights etc. When it is clear here we are often only imaging in marginal, light polluted conditions.

Then again I have the greatest admiration for some of the work done here in the UK (since I know how difficult it is).

Then again I have the greatest admiration for some of the work done here in the UK (since I know how difficult it is).

Same here, UK imagers deserve a flamin medal for what they have to put up with! :) Its a miracle we ever get anything!

I am seriously considering trying this again in the near future for dso imaging. Weather and health issues have knocked that on the head for me the past 8 months have stopped all but lunar and planetary imaging. I tried a couple of images a few years ago so am going to give it another go. Whether to sell my dso imaging rig and go remote tinternet scope may be a question I face later

On iTelescope Spain and New Mexico telescopes have been down this week due to bad weather - so not immune.

SSO has been operational if you want to look at southern stuff, though...

/callump

I am seriously considering trying this again in the near future for dso imaging. Weather and health issues have knocked that on the head for me the past 8 months have stopped all but lunar and planetary imaging. I tried a couple of images a few years ago so am going to give it another go. Whether to sell my dso imaging rig and go remote tinternet scope may be a question I face later

I think this is a good way forward when health issues and of course weather get in the way of enjoying this hobby, and yes you should get more into Lunar imaging, your good at it and its less demanding

Archived