NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from practically snowless Helsinki

Tikkis

Hello all you fellow stargazers!

I am newbie on this site. Please do not bother to answer me, I would hate to see this forum filled with nice but unnecessary Welcome messages.

I have been in to astronomy just about five years. So I guess I'm what one could call a late bloomer, since my next birthday is nice and round 60.

I participate on few other astro-forums in my own country and in the States. It is always rewarding to hear from other peoples experiences and thus learn to avoid the biggest goofs in the beginning.

Sadly I guess the biggest obstacle nowadays is not the cost of the equipment, but the lousy, lousy weather all round the globe. There has been a record number cloudy nights and so few enjoyable ones.

Be hearing from You all,

Tikkis, Helsinki

Tikkis this is not a welcome to you more a thank you for your intro and yes I can agree with you its been increasingly difficult especially this year for observers due to weather conditions around the globe as you pointed out Finland seems not to be getting a lot of snow either :sunny:

Hi Tikkis

Welcome to the Lounge.

I was recently reading an interview with Arto Oksanen about spotting Gamma-ray bursts, and he was quoted as saying he only saw about 50 good nights a year in Finland. Is it really that bad in Helsinki too?

AG

Hi Tikkis

Welcome to the Lounge.

I was recently reading an interview with Arto Oksanen about spotting Gamma-ray bursts, and he was quoted as saying he only saw about 50 good nights a year in Finland. Is it really that bad in Helsinki too?

AG

Sometimes I feel it's even worse ... I,m afraid.

Tikkis

PS. Thank You all for very warm welcome

Archived