SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn shot.. finaly the cassini division :)

Hi guys :)

Heres my Saturn shot from the other day

post-32042-0-94119100-1401035966.jpg

It was taken manually with cannon powershot helded to the eyepiece (with adaptor) from a 200p dob telescope

I manage to take abot 2600 frames of it. I aligned, stacked and worked around with the wavelets

But I am not sure I could manage to improve the detail of this pic a little more with photoshop or something else.. Im a little noob yet with editing astrophotos

Anyway :) cheers

Jpg? wow! really nice handheld!

Which Powershot?

Thanks iksobarg

I use jpg to post on this forum duo to the size of the file :)

It was a Cannon Powershot A3000.. its a old digital camera that my family has

Excellent image, you must be well pleased. Is it your first image.

Thanks purdo

This is my second attempt to imagem Saturn. The first try was with too much wind and clouds and didnt turn out well x)

In the future I am thinking of buying a new eyepiece with better performance cuz my setup is basically the 10mm and 20mm eye piece that came with the 200p dob and a 2x barlow.

I am yet to decide wich eyepiece should I go for this type of astrophotos :)

Cheers

While I was already experimenting with this you definitely inspired to try out both my Canon A620 and S100.

Im glad that it inspired you :)

Its amazing what we can get with such simple cameras.. 

In the next sessions I will try to get a lot more frames and continue to study techniques that will improve the quality of the photos that we get

Thanks iksobarg

I use jpg to post on this forum duo to the size of the file :)

It was a Cannon Powershot A3000.. its a old digital camera that my family has

Thanks purdo

This is my second attempt to imagem Saturn. The first try was with too much wind and clouds and didnt turn out well x)

In the future I am thinking of buying a new eyepiece with better performance cuz my setup is basically the 10mm and 20mm eye piece that came with the 200p dob and a 2x barlow.

I am yet to decide wich eyepiece should I go for this type of astrophotos :)

Cheers

That is even more impressive. I have the 200P Dob as well, but only got it last Tuesday & only had it out once on Wednesday for an hour seeing conditions were not great. I have the two stock eye pieces as well & have just bought a Baader Classic Ortho 6mm.

Archived