Hi, I am Adam from North East UK

Adamzy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Adam and welcome to SGL, best place to start astronomy is looking up - if you can get out of the city's it amazing just how many stars are up there :)

I was thinking exactly the same.

Timing can be critical too when stargazing, so I normally wait until after dark.

Otherwise the big "sunny" star tends to get in the way.

Welcome to the lounge Adam    :icon_salut:

Welcome Adam from the Yorkshire coast.

As I have seen earlier someone has already suggested the August star camp to you earlier that we organise under one of the darkest skies in the country and well attended by many astronomers from across the country especially from up north.

• 1 month later...

Wow, thanks for all the replies. I am from Newcastle btw. I am new to all this astrology stuff but very interested after visiting Keilder, and being totally blown away by how many stars were there. I want to know if there is anywhere closer to me than Keilder? if not, I will just have to visit there again. Also, can you see the milkyway out there? and can you get there via train/coach?

Thank you in advance 

I am new to all this astrology stuff but very interested after visiting Keilder

Thank you in advance 

I think you mean astronomy. You will not make yourself popular on here by confusing the two :grin:

Ian

yeah, Like I said I am new to all this. Simmer

wouldn't worry about it mate. you're not the first and won't be the last. When I was in the early stages of learning, I was driving around the local university asking people if they could point me to the conservatory instead of the observatory. I felt like a right prat  :embarrassed:. Still, it's not about how much you know, its about how much you're enjoying it. :D

Oh, and welcome to sgl

wouldn't worry about it mate. you're not the first and won't be the last. When I was in the early stages of learning, I was driving around the local university asking people if they could point me to the conservatory instead of the observatory. I felt like a right prat  :embarrassed:. Still, it's not about how much you know, its about how much you're enjoying it. :D

Oh, and welcome to sgl

hahaha this made me laugh

Archived