Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 with QHY5L-II on SWED80 (first time)

rodrigol

This is the first time I had a go at M13 with my SWED80 and the QHY5L-II. This was taken just before the full moon washed all DSOs away for me. It's also my first go at DSS so forgive me for posting a first try but I thought it came out ok. A still need to get to grips with  noise reduction technique and move over to using my D7000 (all rigged and ready to go as soon as the weather allows) instead of the QHY. Ok...here it goes...

post-18051-0-78917500-1400280668_thumb.j

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for the comments. Yes, I'm looking forwards to trying things out with the D7000. :tongue:

I also went and redid the stacking in DSS to see if I could learn a bit more about adjusting luminosity, RGB and colour temperature with the same lights and darks (no flats)  I used earlier. I think this round of sliding and clicking went better than the first one. The one thing I amazed myself with is that I got really lucky with the focusing :grin:

post-18051-0-25360700-1400335211_thumb.j

One of the things I'm really pleased about this shot is that the stars at the edges of the field are still points and not elongated ovals. This seems to indicate the Altair Astro Star Wave optics are really spot on!

Archived