Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 2014-05-03 with new QHY5L II

Finally managed to get first light with my new QHY5L II.

Transparency wasn't too good and seeing was abysmal, but I am really happy with my first go with the new planetary camera! :grin:

This is a quick process in PIPP and then RS6 for stacking and wavelets and then finished off in Photoshop 7.

Equipment:

C8 XLT

CGEM

Revelation 2.5x barlow

QHY5L II

post-21511-0-15514100-1399157907_thumb.p

Any thoughts/comments welcomed.

Edit: Oh, by the way, that's Io in the lower right hand corner. :smiley:

pretty nice
I've not had a lot of luck with Jupiter recently, tried to get 3 moons the other night but when I goth them Jupiter came out hazy masking most of the detail

and its getting too far over west for me now

Thanks everyone!

This wasn't actually from the best video clip. I was so excited about getting the camera working that I rushed in after it got too misty - the crescent Moon was very milky - that I just downloaded the first video on the laptop and process that. As you can see from the time of the OP I finished at midnight.

hobsey: this wasn't actually first light as I set up a few nights previous and like yourself got absolutely nothing on the screen. Not sure if it was the software - ezplanetary keeps locking up - focus, or what! The night that this capture is from I had the Moon to align/focus on first which got me where I needed to be.

oldpink: I agree, Jupiter is getting too far West now, but I just couldn't resist, it's been sooo long now since I have managed to get out let alone image anything! :smiley:

Peter: yes, it still needs adjustment, I agree. As I say, it was a very excited quick process from probably the worst video of the night, just to get something posted. :icon_bounce:

When I get all the videos processed I will put the best in another post. I did a few close-ups of the Moon, then Jupiter and finally a couple of Mars before I gave up as the high level cloud was getting too bad.

Archived