SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venturing out tonight ?

knobby

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got back. Dewed out in the end. Will do an update tomorrow...though wanted to try out guiding...though that did not go to well...but the unguided stuff I did manage to do looks ok at the moment. will have to process it all and throw it up here. Hopefully might have something tomorrow night.

Right, so last night started badly. Got to MR around 8:30 with the express desire to start to learn guiding. I had the new guide scope, ZWO120mm-S and had previously aligned them. all went well setting up (though I think I was sharing the fields with a boar, or other wild pig!). I then came to try and remove the 'plug' that sits in the auto guider port....and just managed to push it in further. I could just not get the damn thing out...so there I was stuck in the field, no guiding, and a wild pig / boar for company.

Decided that as it was a clear night to just say to hell with guiding and do some simple 30 second shots. Did a 2 plus four star align, then 1 x ASPA routine...and started taking some snaps. I have not processed anything yet, but to show you what I was up to here is a single unprocessed M45 sub.

gallery_27945_3370_5163200.jpg

The sky was not too bad, and went from M45, to M31 then waited for M42 (though by now the dew had made the finder scope unusable), and the fields were very eerie what with fog rising. Decided at this point to pack up and head home, getting in around 1 AM.

So think you guys did miss a good evening (though I see Gary did get out into the night ;-)). Will process the pics and see what I get.

Cheers

ok first mess around with M31....still not got the hang of processing and don't have all the tools...10 x 30 second unguided, 10 darks. ISO800, Canon 600D, WO Star 71 on the AVX. wish I could guide!!!!

med_gallery_27945_3370_4271596.jpg

M42

med_gallery_27945_3370_180887.jpg

Just could not shift the gradient from the LP...it was quite ow on the eastern horizon however. and yes i blew out the trapezium...

Still looking at how best to do the M45 image..but if anyone wants the tiffs to mess around with let me know...

Cheers

Nice work Steve, your progress is impressive, think you'll have a lot to teach me next time we're out!

Sorry I couldn't come out until later, hopefully another chance comes up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Dan....I really doubt I could teach you much! Well talking of other chances.....SATURDAY night is looking ok, but we know how this can change over time! There is a moon about, but i might do some lunar imaging....

If Sat good I'll join you guys

yeah!

Right here is what I have done with M45...think it is still quite natural...with hints of nebulosity.

gallery_27945_3370_1475995.jpg

Still slightly red from LP....but quite pleased. will probably redo them all at some point.... same number of subs etc using the same kit

Fireworks not too bad out near Colchester so far. Distinct lack of trick or treaters on Friday out in the sticks as well. Managed a great late night in the garden last night; best imaging evening in my short astro life, not so sure tonight will be as good, but going to get out there, definitely got the bug at present.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived