SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venturing out tonight ?

knobby

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forecasts are all over the shop at the present. I setup yesterday evening with a promise of a few clear hours and was sent scampering back inside, dragging everything with me in a hurry with a shower and clouds blowing over. Friday evening looks alright at the moment :).....

Forecasts are all over the shop at the present. I setup yesterday evening with a promise of a few clear hours and was sent scampering back inside, dragging everything with me in a hurry with a shower and clouds blowing over. Friday evening looks alright at the moment :).....

Fingers crossed then  :grin:

• 1 month later...

Righto all....I am thinking about heading out tomorrow to catch the conjunction over at Margaret Roding. Seems to be ok at the moment on 7 timer, but will update as we get nearer to confirm. Anyone else want to head out for a road trip?

Bit too far to go just to get conjuction. Thinking about going tonight north from Southend and also get picture of -7 mag Iridium flare

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SO just to prove we did make it out.....the scopes set-up and an image of venus and jupiter....just before the clouds rolled in!

thanks to Gary for the pics

gallery_27945_3234_1179015.jpg

gallery_27945_3234_1002596.jpg

Maybe next time we will get a full evening...roll on the winter ;-)

• 2 months later...

Sorry, bit late on this - I went to Kelling for a few days, Thu-Sun. Was clear for most of it, although there was a downpour very early Saturday morning. Few clouds blowing over, but all in all a really good time. Lucky is what I would call it, given the conditions before and after.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived