Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venturing out tonight ?

knobby

Cheers Blazar just messaged esxste, decided to give tonight a miss, have to arrange a night when ur back ?

Sent from my iPhone

Yes no worries.  If you get a good night before I get back, just go for it..we don't get enough clear nights as it is!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I was in a field in Dorset , clear skies for a couple of hours with no light pollution, could see the Milky Way almost from end to end, it's was great and using the bins I could see a much larger view of the andromeda galaxy and cluster in Hercules ;-) very happy

Sent from my iPhone

• 3 weeks later...

Well that depends...last time it was raining...so ten minutes!.....then we had the cloudy meet and greet over there....though we just chatted for an hour on the hope it would clear up.

I would say if  till 1am if the weather holds (big if!) it does potentially look like a great night on clear outside. gets astro dark at 20:54, though I would say meet up at 8 to set-up then stay till whenever.

Haha i'd totally host a star party around mine, but unless it's after midnight we'll be enjoying the warm orange glow of the streetlights outside my house!

I wonder if i'll get an astro cake too... :D I head home in 30 minutes to find out

We've had new LED lights set up in our street. Hopefully I can test out in my back garden if there is any difference in light pollution. No moon tonight either so should give me a good idea what future viewing is going to be like.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I will get there around 8 isn I guess. would like to set up with a little bit of light! Going to have a go at some lunar imaging (the ZWO120mm is here), and might even try guiding with the star 71....think the lunar stuff will take a lot of learning first!

Archived