Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vixen SG 2.1x42 Binocular

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Steve, a rather daft query but..... could these be made to be wearable like glasses, I find holding binos for astronomical looking painfull at times on my weakside, but with binos i get vary less other visual issues (Scopes are pratically usless for me to look through),  so these if wearable could be a solution fo rme.

I am not aware of anything that will enable you to wear the Vixen SG binocular. Pity as it sounds like fun. 

Steve

Well this sounds like a gap in the market for any budding inventor out there. Doc Brown from back to the future would make one I'm sure :grin:  

From http://www.kasai-trading.jp/widebino28.htm, a head-mount for the WideBino28 (a Russian 2.3x40)

wbg11.jpg

There is also a fairly terse comparison of the WideBino with the Vixen SG t http://ameblo.jp/shin360/entry-11925335911.html(it's in Japanese, but Chrome auto-translate makes it just about intelligible)

I have a Kasai here Steve (an Austrian dealer sent me one for comparison). It isn't as good as the Japanese-made Vixen but is an interesting binocular nonetheless. 

Those goggles look fun :smile:   I don't think Vixen-UK have anything similar in the pipeline but I am speaking with them this afternoon so will ask. 

Steve 

I have a Kasai here Steve (an Austrian dealer sent me one for comparison). It isn't as good as the Japanese-made Vixen

I've not compared them but those who have report that the star-images in the Vixen are much sharper.

PS: I notice you have "a certain book" listed on your new bino site; thanks! :grin:

Steve I have had these Vixen binos for nearly 12 months - bought from FLO :smiley: . They are fantastic if you wish to view the Milky Way or complete constellations. When I went to Astrofest this year I spoke to the staff on the Vixen stand about these binos. I told them that they were also good for stop hopping viewing through a RDF. You simply choose a specific star with your RDF and then move the scope whilst using the Vixen binos - works every time.

As you may know I am going to California next weekend and have the Vixen binos in the hand luggage. I am hoping to view the whole of Scorpio and Sagittarius with these binos - so your 10% offer on your new website is a great deal if someone wants to buy these very good quality binos.

Got these bino's as well for my trip to Namibia (going in 3 weeks... yey!). Can't wait to try them out on our milky way center!

I'm very envious!  Have a fantastic time - those binos will be awesome!

Helen

Got these bino's as well for my trip to Namibia (going in 3 weeks... yey!). Can't wait to try them out on our milky way center!

I did exactly the same thing in Namibia for two weeks last September with the SGs and they were fantastic.  You will love the view.

I did exactly the same thing in Namibia for two weeks last September with the SGs and they were fantastic.  You will love the view.

Your review was one of the reasons I got it ;)  (stumbled onto your blog while looking for other stargazers/astrophotographers that went to namibia)

Your review was one of the reasons I got it ;)  (stumbled onto your blog while looking for other stargazers/astrophotographers that went to namibia)

Glad to hear you found the review useful.  Definitely my favourite new astro-product of the last couple of years.

Archived