NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars April 18th

Space Cowboy

Yes Stuart nice work, similar results to me,the colour & detail looks good, theres nothing worse than over processing on mars!

Blimey 45000 frames what frame rates are you pushing, a average stack for me is about the same as you!

Cheers Alan!

Thanks Simon I was running over 150fps but had gain at 80% to achieve this. Bit too much noise showing on this image so done a repro using 1.5x drizzle on a 10000 frame stack and also include a mono IR 742 shot though not overly impressed with this shot. The mono cam is not giving me any extra detail on Mars which surprises me.

gallery_4016_378_13177.png

gallery_4016_378_28816.png

Stuart,

On my monitor the image looks a bit too blue Stuart, with a blue fringe on the right. Perhaps dropping the blue a bit and re-aligning in R6 may bring out even more detail.

Cracking shot anyway :)

Cheers Peter!

Thanks Alan. I always run auto RGB align and that blue fringe on the upper right limb never budges even when using manual align but I've just discovered that "create luminance in RGB" in colour mixer gets rid of it. I'm not sure whether the fringe is something in the Martian atmosphere? Anyhow here is the "de-fringed" image :

gallery_4016_378_2170.png

That`s a wonderful, detailed shot of Mars, Stuart. Great capture.

Best regards,

ralph

Archived