Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from East Essex

hutchyweb

Hi Everyone,

I'm Hutchyweb and for the last 6 years or so I've really wanted a telescope but could never commit to buying one. At Christmas (2013) my wife said she hadn't got a present from our boys to me yet, so she gave me the money. Well I though it was about time for a scope! so I had a look about and decided a SkyWatcher 130m was the way to go as I really wanted to do some photography and needed tracking.

The 130m arrived and wow I was amazed one the second outing there was Jupiter in my eyepiece! In the weeks that passed I'd learnt so much and had started watching YouTube lectures on Astro Physics (Geek - I know).

Now the bug has caught me so much I've sold my 130m and purchased a SkyWatcher 200p with the GOTO upgrade and I'm am over the moon with it and just wish I had brought a scope much sooner.

Well I hope to learn more from this forum in the future as I have done up till now.

Cheers! :o)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:smiley: 

Now the bug has caught me

Yes, now you have the `bug` you will no doubt become infected;  signs will be an ever increasing amount of eyepieces / kit ( not all of it essential!) , the desire to own a Telescope larger than a three seater sofa and an urge to stand in the garden on cold winters nights;  if you develop an excitable style of speech and desire to wear a monocle, probably best to see your GP :rolleyes: 

On a serious note; yes it`s pretty addictive; glad you are enjoying your experiences so far :smiley: 

:smiley: 

Now the bug has caught me

Yes, now you have the `bug` you will no doubt become infected;  signs will be an ever increasing amount of eyepieces / kit ( not all of it essential!) , the desire to own a Telescope larger than a three seater sofa and an urge to stand in the garden on cold winters nights;  if you develop an excitable style of speech and desire to wear a monocle, probably best to see your GP :rolleyes: 

On a serious note; yes it`s pretty addictive; glad you are enjoying your experiences so far :smiley: 

I've already started to aquire all the "esentials" as you put it!

Hi Hutch and welcome.  You sound full of the joys!  Believe me, once smitten this subject never wanes.  There's always something to learn, something to see and something to go WOW about.

Thanks, physics has always interested me and I can't believe I've left it this long, 'deep' sky's the limit!

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

glad to hear you are enjoying your new scope,

the 200p is a very good choice.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks, I got it from Astronomia as they price matched and I spoke to Neil there as told him that I wanted a 200p but asked him was there anything else I should be looking at for that money and he advised that its a real value for money scope and to match it or better it I'd have to spend quite a bit more money. Really please with their service.

Contacted the Essex Cloud Dodgers yet?

Not sure where and when they gather, but could be useful bunch of contacts.

Not yet but I have a friend who's a bit of an player in the Castle Point Astronomy Club (Southend) so i'll probably pop over there from time to time

Archived