Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Newbie on this forum....Black eye galaxy from Saturday morning

RobH

Hello and greetings to you all.

I've just joined this forum and I see names that are familiar from UKAI and plenty that aren't. Looks like a good forum.

I just noticed that I'm an atom!!!

Cool :D

I managed a long session out in the observatory from 5pm Friday until 6.30 Saturday morning...what a wonderful clear night......finally :lol:

Lots of data on several objects, here's the first. Original is a lot cleaner....I must put a website together :D

I finished with this one so only got 10 subs but hope to add a few more if I get the chance before work calls me away for a month.

10 x 6 minute subs

LX200GPS 14" @ F5 / Atik 16HRC

Guided by TAL 100 @ F10 / DSI PRO / PHD

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877336967_thumb.jpg

Hi Ya Rob , nice to have a fellow Atik16hrc on board. lol i,m scope from UKAI if ya already dont know , pleased to have another imager on board, makes it a big challenge for me and Martin now ,the image section is growing fast , in case u dont Know Martin and myself run the Image of the week on here , so get those images a flowing .very nice image mate , did u use a filter on that , be interested to know .

Rog

:D

Thanks for the kind words chaps :D

The focal reducer was an Antares 1 1/4", arrangement as in the following image.

Rog, I also used a Hutech IDAS LPS filter although the sky was so clear that night that I probably didn't need it....it was already in the imaging chain though and I didn't want to take it off and thus have to shoot another bunch of flats...lazy I guess :D

I only recently took delivery of the 16HRC and am quite stunned by what it's capable of.

I also have the 16HR for luminance and narrowband stuff and hope to add some more to this image, possibly some Ha after seeing the hubble core close-up.

post-14403-133877336979_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

Archived