SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First LRGB Jupiter

NGEddie

Hi All - Had my first attempt at LRGB planetary imaging last night - whilst it is no Damien Peach, it is by far my best Jupiter picture so far.

Equipment used - 200pds, 21DMK618.as mono, with 5x powermate (F25), Baader filters around 60s on each

post-11737-0-57314000-1395865507.jpg

That is an excellent image Eddie all the more with it being your first LRGB. Really well captured indeed. Lovely colour and detail! :laugh:

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks Guys, I am really happy with it. I have mainly done mono images of planets , but took a stab at RGB imaging last week and it was pretty poor. So I re read some threads on here and 'ice in space' forums which led me to tweak the capturing process in particular but also the registax step, combined with adding L into the data it seems to have worked.

Archived