Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lost 1.25" Eyepiece Cap? Handy tip!

Albaba

Having lost the the end cap from one of my eyepieces and being a tight wad and not wanting to order a pack of 5, I had a look round the house for a replacement.

I chopped the end off a 35mm film canister and lo and behold it was a perfect fit. A bit tight to start off with but after it's been on for a few days it stretches a bit and is perfect :)

I know this isn't a ground-breaking astronomy discovery but I thought I would share it anyway!

Easy to use the plastic caps off plastic milk containers. These fit 1.25" eps, hurrah,.

That certainly wouldn't have occurred to me.  I'd have thought they'd be too big.  I shall give it a try.  Unless of course they have different size milk cartons up there in Hobbiton.

James

What is this thing called 35mm film? Why does it come in cannisters?

Just kidding :)

It's always bandied around as a decent sight tube, but has anyone actually seen one in existence? I recall one fruitful Saturday going from one camera shop to another to another, all over the city here in Spain and no one had any idea if they still existed or not but certainly didn't have any in stock. Thinking about it, does anyone still use cameras that require a film? Maybe it's a generation thing :p

Archived