Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moonlite with New Rotator Option

It's finally through customs, so picked it up on the way home and thought I'd share my new "shiny shiny" addition to the collection :grin:

Moonlite CS 2" SCT Focuser complete with high res steppers & the brand new Rotator option.  My first Moonlite, this thing is built like a tank & oozes quality, I cant stop touching it :shocked:

post-11176-0-40299400-1395708160_thumb.j

post-11176-0-72983700-1395708159_thumb.j

post-11176-0-04186200-1395708159_thumb.j

Ooo Me want :)  There aren't many options about for camera rotators, not to mention the fact they are pretty heavy bits of kit which don't sit well (with camera/filterwheel etc) on a refractor focuser. For an SCT where you can screw the thing directly to the rear cell then it's only the extra weight you need worry about. I've been scratching my head thinking of a compact/lightweight design I could make for a refractor.

ChrisH

Yeah, had to have another look & touch session with it before heading into work this morning  :smiley: 

This isn't a lightweight. Going to have to work out how to add balance weight to the front of the tube as It's already as far forward as it'll go.

Archived