Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first real go at Astrophotography JUPITER

Had my first real go at A/P tonight with my Sky-Watcher 150Mac & Philips SPC900 & 2.5x Barlow 1500 frames 25fps and stacked in Registax 5 (had a little play with the settings but if I'm honest I didn't really know what I was doing )

No auto tracking, done manually

Its not great but its a start and hopefully it will get better

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks for looking  

post-13889-0-66796800-1394928146_thumb.j

Well done, far better than my first attempt, plus second and third.

You can also stick the video through PIPP first before Registax which will center the image and have it crop the frame size to the object size.

Well done, far better than my first attempt, plus second and third.

You can also stick the video through PIPP first before Registax which will center the image and have it crop the frame size to the object size.

Thanks for the input Paul hope to give it another go tonight and will give it ago in PIPP first  :smiley:.

As I said not sure what I was doing in registax I was just having a play with the settings until it looked half decent  

Thanks for your kind words everybody, I'm well pleased with the image will give it another go to night if it stays clear as it looks like its a bit washed out to me  

yes a little maybe, there is a double moon shadow transit from around 10:07 onwards tonight.

Great job! You've got some good detail there. Much better than I did with my first! You can also remove/reduce the red and blue halo caused by atmospheric dispersion buy using the RGB Align feature on the right hand side in Registax.

Alexxx

Thats a cracking image, ! When you say you didn't use tracking do you mean you kept Jupiter in the field of view by hand cranking the mount?

Clive

Cheers Clive, yes that's right I don't have a tracking mount so it was all done manually it can take a bit of practice but you can get there in the end  

Great job! You've got some good detail there. Much better than I did with my first! You can also remove/reduce the red and blue halo caused by atmospheric dispersion buy using the RGB Align feature on the right hand side in Registax.

Alexxx

Thanks for the kind words and input Alex I will give the RGB Align ago and see what I get 

As everyone has already said, that's a great first Jupiter and you've got a couple of moons, if I'm not mistaken.

Well done!

Mark

Thanks Mark much appreciated and thanks for telling me about the two moons, you know what I was looking at Jupiter so much trying to see how much detail there was that I didn't notice the two moons until you pointed them out well spotted 

Nice work, with the hint of two moons showing through. If I move my head back just an extra six inches it looks really excellent.

Many thanks yeah your right about the two moons I didn't spot them until Marks reply that's really made my day, and your right about looking at it a little way back it does seem to look a bit better 

Archived