Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up - Live from space - lap of the planet

floppygoose

Hi Phil.

It's on at 7.30 tomorrow evening.

There have been two one hour long 'episodes' already this week. Well worth looking up on 4OD if you haven't already seen them.

D.C

It was an excellent show tonight, the view over Kamchatka was amazing, imagine if one of those volcanoes was going off.

That said every view was spectacular, really what a treat of a show. It was even produced nearly perfectly, no padding or fluff.

Just astronauts giving insight and some wondetful views.

Moar please.

It was brilliant, although I am surprised channel 4 made this program. I could have understood it if it was on the BBC. How blessed are those people on the ISS to wake up to the views that we were treated to on the show. The mountains and deserts were amazing. But what stood out the most was the dreaded light pollution . If anyone "out there" so to speak was training a scope our way what would they make of it. A great program and indeed series from channel 4. Although I still expected Dermot O Leary to introduce Cheryl Cole at some point.... :rolleyes:

But what stood out the most was the dreaded light pollution . If anyone "out there" so to speak was training a scope our way what would they make of it.

I did notice the only astronaut to really say anything about the light pollution was Don Petit who is also quite a keen astrophotographer.

I noticed the link anyway. :D

http://science1.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/24mar_noseprints/

Channel 4 definitely deserves a lot of credit for devoting two and half hours of air-time for this progamme, as well as the 2 previous programmes.  An excellent set of programmes IMHO.

Really impressed with the programme and the dedication of 2 hours from Channel 4's schedule but Dermot O'Leary really spoilt it for me. I found him really tedious and it bugged me how when people were talking to him he was reading his notes for what was next...not the smoothest of presenters or the most knowledgeable on the subject he was presenting. That said, his enthusiasm won me over a little! 

I also did not realise that there is a live stream from the ISS, which you can watch any time :)  http://www.n2yo.com/space-station/ 

I think Dermot did okay considering it was live and yes his enthusiasm was great to see. A bit of a departure from his normal shows maybe channel 4 can use this association with NASA to show case in a bit more detail some of the stuff they are working on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Great show, could have done with more live views out the window, bit disappointed they didn't show my obs'y with me looking up :)

Dave 

It would have been great if they could have scheduled the programme to coincide with the ISS passing over the UK.  They probably thought why bother as it would no doubt have been cloudy. :rolleyes:

Archived