NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars 12 Mar 2014 AM

cgarry

For once I don't feel the need to moan about the seeing being terrible!  I have noticed a lot of people moving from a colour cam to a mono cam, in order to balance things out I have gone the other way and am loving the simplicity of imaging with my ASI120MC.

This is the image I came up with, though I do have more captures to work through:

post-9259-0-61854600-1394636398_thumb.jp

And for completeness, this is a debayered version of the capture video:

Cheers,

Chris

Great image Chris and nice to see an example of the video/capture - the seeing looks very steady in comparison to my own efforts on this.    I thought more people had gone from mono to OSC for planetary imaging and I was considering following suit!   It does seem to offer a better chance when the seeing is so variable.

First class image Chris.  I keep thinking about moving to mono and filters but then I see images like this and some others fine osc images on here, and it becomes difficult to justify the expense and the added complexity.

Thanks again for the comments.

I think the video does look a bit better if you just look at the best frames used for the stack.  This is the best 3500 frames from the original 24724 frames (5 minute capture):

First 2 minutes of original for comparison:

Cheers,

Chris

Archived