Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FOOD!!!

daz

There was a great talk by Daz in memory of Sir Patrick Moore, with a video showing the work SGL did in refurbing his observatories. Others contributed with photos and stories of the event. It was followed by a lovely buffet that would grace any wedding party. :smiley:         

Daz - re the cafe food, is there any type of menu, or indication of food served?  i have the hog roast booked, but one of my boys is dairy and nut intollerent..  so would be good to see what food is on offer to make sure he can eat it..

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

The Friday night food at SGL 8 ie last year was superb and tons of it as the other lads have indicated.

I had soup, I think there was a tomato soup and a vegetable soup. Then there were ham, beef, cheese, salmon, and egg sandwiches.

Then there were canopes of various type, prawns, pastes and of course salad, tomatoes, peppers, eggs and scotch eggs.

And finally, about 3 to 4 different desserts!! And fruit juice and coffee.

Bring our own beer etc.

I would check with Gary the site owner about the ingredients the cafe uses, definitely dairy, I would check on nuts as they may use almonds on dessert toppings.

The talk and video were very excellent, but don't let DAZ know!!

See you there.

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian..   many thanks i might just do that..  unfortuately my youngest has allergy's against most dairy ( eggs, milk,  cheese etc and seafood )  so i may look at bringing some stuff for him as a just in case..  but if they have turkey or pies.. then that'll make his day... i'll give em a call... cheers

Mike

Daz - re the cafe food, is there any type of menu, or indication of food served?  i have the hog roast booked, but one of my boys is dairy and nut intollerent..  so would be good to see what food is on offer to make sure he can eat it..

cheers

Mike

I'll ask Mike

Quick question: on the Friday, anyone know what timings the buffet is?  hope to arrive by 6pm, but coming from essex and the M25, it could be a lot longer..

plus getting the tent up before dark..

Yes, you can. Well, provided there are not 40 of you!!

We've ordered a hog for 130 - 128 for Jamie and the rest is split between the rest of us....... :D

Thanks Daz  :smiley:

Jamie's on a diet then ? :p

Would the same apply for the buffet on the Friday?  I haven't booked as we arrived late last time, but it looks like we might be there a bit earlier this time...if there's food left, can we pitch in adn pay up?

Archived