Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M97

No great shakes but I had to do something.......cloud withdrawal. :grin:

Had a shot at M97, The Owl.

Lots of puffy white clouds messing up the subs but you gotta do what you can.

35mins......7x300secs at IS0 800.

Setup as my sig.

m971.jpg

Thank you kindly everyone.

It most likely was'nt a good target given the clouds and it's quite small for an ED80.

Thought I would get a lot more subs but not to be, cloud got thicker around 8.30pm, so

thought I would pack it in......just after locking the obsy it cleared, typical!

Never mind, quite chuffed as this is my first PN.....will definately add to it when clouds allow.

Wow that is great, I think it has gone well passed the Beginners section!

Well done.

Started imaging properly around Oct last year.

I still regard myself as a beginner.......weather really has'nt given me much time for imaging.

I'm just getting to a stage where most things are falling into place except my processing.

Trying to learn Imagesplus......

the M97 image was just tweaked in DSS with some also

in Irfanview, the data was spoiled by the cloud and is a bit grainy but nice to get a PN.

I also went out last night, clouds thinish and annoying as usual but got about an hours worth.

I have'nt processed yet but it looks a bit better than 35mins.

One sub has a satellite trail just like last time and the thin cloud brighten the sky quite a lot.

Trying to bring out the red around the edge of M97 but need a lot more time.

Thats pretty good, nice one......what settings did you use?

It is quite small is'nt it and looking around the net it's supposed to be quite a tough one to image.

I wanted another go last night but those darn fine clouds were out again and they just spoil the data.

Archived