Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Morecambe!

cuivenion

Thanks for the welcome! I have joined the Lancaster/Morecambe society on facebook but I work on a wednesday night so its hard for me to get to the meetings. Where do Morecambe stargazers go to minimize the light pollution?

Im obsy based so I go to my back garden :-) How far do you want to go? The windfarm up at Caton is pretty good.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL.  If you want some dark skies, you haven't far to go.  The area around Leighton Moss RSPB reserve near Silverdale has some good skies, not far North of you.  I go there from West Yorkshire to watch the birds and the wild red deer on the reserve.  Sometimes I go a little early with a portable refractor to take advantage of the clear skies.  The whole area is an area of outstanding natural beauty and there are many undisturbed dark areas you can view from.

Archived