SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Morecambe!

cuivenion

Hi everyone, I was always interested in astronomy especially when I was younger, but when my fiancee bought me Skywatcher Explorer 130p (EQ2) for my birthday a few months back I got right back into it. I've got some great views of the moon and Jupiter with it, and I can't wait to see more. I live in quite a light polluted area so it'd be great to find somewhere nearby where the sky is clearer. I'm wanting to get into astrophotography once I've found my feet.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi And welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us, there's a veritable mine of information on here!! As an imager, I would say learn about your scope and enjoy it before thinking about taking any pictures. If you really do still fancy it, then get hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the book section of FLO, this is an imagers bible for those imaging DSO's. Once you've read it ................... twice or thrice .............. then you will be better able to understand what you want and why, then you can start spending some ££'s :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Welcome to SGL, Cuivenion!

Dana

I used to work for Thames TV, and my best memory of there was the day that Mr Morecambe and I reached the entrance from the car park at exactly the same moment but from opposite directions.

With a twinkly smile and a bow he lifted his hat and held the door open for me.  A lovely man!

Marion (Mrs Dana)

Welcome to SGL, from Wesgate :-)

The local astro society will be meeting next Wednesday at the meeting room at the back of Torrisholme Ascension church. Details and more are on the FB page if you are not aware of this group.

www.facebook.com/LancasterandMorecambeAstronomicalSociety

Archived