Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First attempt at ISS tonight

Decided to try a handheld shot of ISS tonight as it was coming close overhead. This is the best shot from about 20 taken. Quite pleased, definitely will try again.

ED80 + TV Powermate x 2 + Camera, single shot ISO1600 1/400 sec.

post-34685-0-90115000-1393270190_thumb.j

awsome mate! might have to add this one to my goals for 2014 :)

Think it was a bit of a fluke, can see the solar panels on some of the other shots but not clear like this one. I think I must have just caught the light right.

Awesome thanks for sharing Dave! Being quite fresh to the hobby and it being pretty much constant cloud cover I have yet to see the ISS, so this is great! :)

Glad you liked it. I use this site to see when the ISS will be visible http://iss.astroviewer.net/observation.php  After you have entered your location click between the Home and Observation tabs to get current position of ISS and view of earth plus visible times, direction, brightness, height, speed etc. It will be coming to a sky near you soon..... :smiley:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived