Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Obs breached water everywhere!!!!!!!

Not had a good few hours. Qent out to my obs to get something and everything was soaked. Was out there Tuesday and it was fine but I think its had its time, the roof may have had one to many visits from the foxes and the squirrels.

Have spent 3 hours evacuating everything and drying it out it appears that everthing else is working si hopefully I have dodged a bullet.

Panic over for now

I hope you got everything dried out ok. I had a bit of a leak also, I have a flap on the south side to enable the OTA to go lower than the obsy wall height. The wind managed to open it and then blew the rain in, floor was soaked including a 4 block mains connector (powered off) I stuck a dehumidifier in there and nailed the flap shut, all dry now.

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

Do you have a dehumidifier? If so, put your telescope and other equipment in a room with the dehumidifier running on highest setting, and shut the door. Leave it running for 24 hours, this should ensure all the moisture is removed. Water does have a habit of getting to places we can't get too.

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

Do you have a dehumidifier? If so, put your telescope and other equipment in a room with the dehumidifier running on highest setting, and shut the door. Leave it running for 24 hours, this should ensure all the moisture is removed. Water does have a habit of getting to places we can't get too.

Unfortunately not, i put everything in the lounge turned the heating up to maximum 

Archived