Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing session 22/2/2014 Blaenavon

Matthew

The next observing session will be held at Blaenavon on Saturday 22nd February 2014.Here are the site coordinates for anyone who hasn't attended before +51° 47' 25.57", -3° 4' 10.74".

After this session Mike ( L8-nite ) will be arranging the sessions,i have some ongoing health issues which needs sorting so astronomy is taking a bit of a back seat at the moment,plus with my work and family commitments im unable to make most of the sessions so it seems the most sensible thing to do .......so whos up for it ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the encouragement !   :biggrin: 

Matt has brought me up to speed on predicting conditions at the site, so I guess I won't be consulting my big toe any more.

Count me in for the next session, hope to see everyone there, and with clear skies for us all.

Cheers everyone.   :smiley:

That's a shame matt hopefully things will improve for you before too long. Glad someone's taking up the reins , well done mike. Not sure if I'll be ther next time it's the weekend of my 50th birthday so have a few things planned. Hopefully this dreadful weather will give us all a break so everyone can get out.

Hope things start to look up for you mat, but dont stay away too long, losing pat for a long period of time and now yourself is a big loss for the group. Hopefully pat will be back with us shortly and you soon after so take care mate. With mike calling the shots, we'll all be drinking soda and eating candy before we know it:-) .

Well Lenny, what do you make of this ?..........  

While my Wife and I were on the A4059 road in Aberdare today, we spotted a telescope on the flat roof of an extension; looked like a SW 150 p.  It was uncovered and the rain was coming down.   :tongue:

Edit: spelling.

Hello everyone,

I just checked the weather prediction for Blaenavon, and the stats are.............

Light rain,  with an average of  18 - 40 mph wind,  and 95% cloud cover.

Due to conditions, tonight's observing meet is  "CANCELED" 

Thanks Mike,

Disappointing but a sensible decision and pretty much expected. Oh well at least now I can crack open a few cans of Guinness and watch England and Ireland battle it out.

What's your view on provisionally agreeing an alternative session next Saturday night instead, subject to the weather of course? The moon will be well out of the way and early weather forecasts looks a bit better than today. No rugby on either.... :grin:

Archived