Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

But is it in stock?

FLO

We will be closed Fri 24th Jan for a stock-take (oh what fun!) so apologies in advance if we are a day or two late responding to emails and dispatching orders. 

Normally we wouldn't need to close but this stock-take will be be our biggest ever because we are also installing a new inventory system that will enable us to display live stock availability on our website's product description pages :smiley:

Live stock availability indication is our customer's most requested feature and is something we have been planning for some time. It would have been easy to have thrown up something that looked the part and basically made it up as we went along but that isn't our way and you deserve better.

Here is the plan: 

1. Stock-take and install new inventory installation Friday. 

2. Spend 2-3 weeks testing the new system. 

3. Around the middle of February make the stock availability indicators live. 

4. Assuming all has gone well (we are confident) breathe a sigh of relief, order in pizza and celebrate :glasses2:

We will then turn our attention to our largest clearance sale ever of customer returns, demo, open-box, etc, stock… 

Thank-you for your support.

Steve and the FLO team :smiley:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will be closed Fri 24th Jan for a stock-take (oh what fun!) so apologies in advance if we are a day or two late responding to emails and dispatching orders. 

Normally we wouldn't need to close but this stock-take will be be our biggest ever because we are also installing a new inventory system that will enable us to display live stock availability on our website's product description pages :smiley:

Live stock availability indication is our customer's most requested feature and is something we have been planning for some time. It would have been easy to have thrown up something that looked the part and basically made it up as we went along but that isn't our way and you deserve better.

Here is the plan: 

1. Stock-take and install new inventory installation Friday. 

2. Spend 2-3 weeks testing the new system. 

3. Around the middle of February make the stock availability indicators live. 

4. Assuming all has gone well (we are confident) breathe a sigh of relief, order in pizza and celebrate :glasses2:

We will then turn our attention to our largest clearance sale ever of customer returns, demo, open-box, etc, stock… 

Thank-you for your support.

Steve and the FLO team :smiley:

Stock-taking is perhaps the least interesting thing you've posted about yet Steve, so congrats on that :evil::D.

Joking aside, I think it's great you're taking steps to improve the site - listening to suggestions :).

Would the clearance sale be anything related to the Stargazing Live doing not as well as hoped by any chance?

Never mind the stock take - it's the clearance sale that's raised my pulse, the last one was great fun and I shall start saving for this now ;)

Live stock indication will be extremely useful, but quite a difficult thing to perfect - especially if it links with upstream suppliers.   Though from my perspective, it doesn't have to be 100% accurate, above 90% would be good and 95% excellent.

Stock-taking is perhaps the least interesting thing you've posted about yet Steve, so congrats on that :evil::D.

:lol:

Joking aside, I think it's great you're taking steps to improve the site - listening to suggestions  :).

Thank-you :smiley:

Would the clearance sale be anything related to the Stargazing Live doing not as well as hoped by any chance?

It will most likely be open-box items. Similar to the Clearance thread we ran last year, but bigger. 

It will most likely be open-box items. Similar to the Clearance thread we ran last year, but bigger. 

One request though, can it be before the 22nd of February or after the 5th of March, wouldn't want to miss on any bargains while I'm on holiday at Olly's :evil:

One request though, can it be before the 22nd of February or after the 5th of March, wouldn't want to miss on any bargains while I'm on holiday at Olly's :evil:

Be sure to admire the Mesu and don't mention the EQ8 :wink: 

Seriously, I am jealous. A number of our customers have holidayed at Olly's and have enjoyed their stay. 

I don't know yet when the clearance will be, it depends how well the new inventory system goes, but we will post a notice a few days before it starts. 

** sound of money being carefully put to one side **

It's barlow a shame that subliminal messaging barlow doesn't work barlow on forums.

Hope the barlow stock check goes well and looking forward to the barlow clearance

:tongue2:  :biggrin:

Regarding the returned EQ8, SteveB hasn't had an opportunity to check it over yet. If it is simply a matter of adjustment it will be included in the clearance but if he needs parts it might be some time. 

Steve 

A quick reminder - we are closed tomorrow for stock-take  :help:

Orders placed before 2.30pm today and existing orders scheduled for Saturday delivery will be processed and dispatched as normal. 

Orders placed after 2.30pm and over the weekend will be delayed a day or two. 

Similarly emails received tomorrow and over the weekend will receive responses Monday. 

Thank-you for your patience   :icon_salut:

Cart before horses and all that, surely that stock check would be far less stressful and arduous if you had the mega sale beforehand?

Just a thought to make life simpler ;)   Perhaps you could keep a few essential bits in, but otherwise a nice clean empty store room is highly recommended.. 

Archived