First photo with 200p Dob

The clouds finally parted last night and the T mount arrived in the post too so I thought I'd try and grab a shot of our satellite.

The missus wants a good one for the wall you see.

What do you guys think of it?

I know I'll never get anything else to photograph with our first scope like it is but I'm happy with it for the moment.

post-34235-0-53073600-1389947812_thumb.j

Clear skies folks,

Terry.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Registax auto line the shots up?

What I mean is you cannot guarantee getting the moon the same place in the viewfinder for every shot due to the Earth's movement.

I've been wondering about this for a while.

Also is it free?

Excellent shot - well done!   Nice full frame and good focus / detail - I imagine this is pretty tricky keeping the dob aligned and balanced with the DSLR at prime focus.

Worth trying multiple exposures and stacking is AS!2 or Registax.     Also well worth experimenting with the wavelets functions within Registax to sharpen the detail, experiment to get the hang as there is a subjective balance to reach between slightly soft/more natural and over exagerated!

Excellent shot - well done!   Nice full frame and good focus / detail - I imagine this is pretty tricky keeping the dob aligned and balanced with the DSLR at prime focus.

Worth trying multiple exposures and stacking is AS!2 or Registax.     Also well worth experimenting with the wavelets functions within Registax to sharpen the detail, experiment to get the hang as there is a subjective balance to reach between slightly soft/more natural and over exagerated!

Cheers Snakey,

I have to try and stop expecting the image to be as sharp as my Nikon lenses.

Tough thing to do for a perfectionist.

I need a Cheshire as I'm sure the collimation is out a touch so obviously this will affect image quality somewhat.

I'm going to try the Registax methos as soon as I get some clear skies.

I had 10 minutes only last night between the clouds.

Cheers Snakey,

I have to try and stop expecting the image to be as sharp as my Nikon lenses.

Tough thing to do for a perfectionist.

I need a Cheshire as I'm sure the collimation is out a touch so obviously this will affect image quality somewhat.

I'm going to try the Registax methos as soon as I get some clear skies.

I had 10 minutes only last night between the clouds.

Nothing to be disheartened about here - the image is really very good for a single frame - do have a quick play with the original file in R6 wavelets, sure you tweak this a little to to sharpen and reveal a little more depth/detail.    At least it's something to play with when the clouds roll over..

If you are going to print it off to go on the wall, make sure that you check that it is the right way up ;) Most scopes will flip the image in the X and/or Y axies. Otherwise you will constantly be looking at the photo and thinking: There is something wrong with this image, but I am not sure what ;)

Archived