Another Newby!

Maystar

Hello there folks, My name is Nicole (Maystar) from Coventry, UK. Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

I have been hooked on the moon and the stars since I was little, but don't know much about them really. Know a few constellations and love following the planets when they are visible.  I had an old reflector telescope which fell to bits recently, I was gutted as I am an Artist and used it to 'leave our planet behind' and give me inspiration, albeit wobbly, out of focus and damned hard work! :kiss:  

My lovely hubby has surprised me with a fab new  celestron nexstar 130 slt, oh my, how spoiled am I? Automatic this and that...eeek!

I found Jupiter and it's lovely moons on Xmas day and also had a look at Betelgeuse and it looked amazing compared to my old Skylux 70.  I think this is going to be great fun to get to know the forum and learn what my new telescope is capable of.  It's a little daunting to be fair and a bit like hit and miss, but I am sure I will get the hang of it!

Quite fancy the look of linking up to my PC and looking at the night sky like that too... (sitting in the car with hot chocolate and laptop is appealing but darn right lazy!!!) Onwards and upwards :laugh:

Wishing for clear sky and no light pollution!

Maystar  

Thanks for all your welcome messages - I have just been dragged inside by Hubby because, he said "I looked freezing"

However, I have seen Jupiter and 4 moons tonight, along with M42 (Finally) I couldn't stop looking through the scope.... awestruck.

We have so much light pollution here, but with the new scope it battles through it all - A MAZE-ING!

So happy, think I will float to bed and think of a new painting!

Thanks SGL for all your tips and tutorials!

Archived