Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fuzzy blob, the blue is looking better though

Freddie

post-7987-0-40586200-1386771000_thumb.jp

You'll have to take my word for it, but that is Mars. Seeing had been pretty good but this turned out a bit of a mess. Knew I should have gone to bed!!!!

Earlier in the night I got this (just a stack in AS!2 and wavelets in R6 so far) so things went down hill a bit as the night went on. Lots of file processing to do before I get a final image but it's not bad so far for a blue.

post-7987-0-24112300-1386771024_thumb.jp

Hi Freddie, I'm very intrigued with the exceptional quality of your blue Jupiter. Could you show us what the Red and Green images are like in comparison. Usually, it's the Blue channel which is the worst but somehow you've managed to get it spot-on. Have you any thoughts on this matter?

Kindest regards

Bud

Hi Bud, first thing is to get lucky with the seeing!! I then try and shoot a little longer on the B to get a few more images and increase the chances of getting some good ones. All colours will be better with higher alt but this is particularly true of B so be prepared for a late night. I then use a specific set of wavelets for B (R and G tend to be the same). I have lots to process (always do the Bs first to see which set will give the best results) and am away for a few days so will post up the R, G and RGB next week when I'm back.

Archived