NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC410 & IC405 4 pane mosaic

swag72

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another lesson in time and patience !

I just love the way the " Tail " of the Flaming Star has been blended in, in one seamless sea of gas. 

With regard to the processing, if I was on the panel of experts ( oh yeah ), I'd recommend doing nothing for now. If this image is to be a stand alone Ha rendition then yes, differentiate the Tadpoles and other areas. When the OIII is added it's a total game changer. The bright Ha Tadpoles will be surrounded by a swath of OIII blue and some of the other bright areas become blue.

RGB would be " Nice " for the reflection Nebula in IC 405 and some of the Main stars between the two Nebulae. I think the fact that 405 and 410 are totally different in colour is rather beautiful and not a problem at all.

If a 200mm camera lens was handy, the RGB could be done with that !

Dave,

Just seen Harel's post. I'd certainly agree to a look for a stand alone. Not sure what Sara wants to do overall.

These wide-field mosaics are your trademark Sara and this is another very impressive image.

I agree with the comments that - for this Ha rendition at least - it would be good to see a bit more contrast in IC410 but I am really looking forward to a bicolour version in your (also trademark) orange and indigo scheme.

Thanks all for you comments. When I am back in sunny (?) Spain I will certainly take a look at your suggestions and look at the processing a little better for a stand alone Ha image.

Appreciate you taking the time to comment and pass on your thoughts :smiley:

Thanks Neil and Peter - I think the book will be a long time coming!!

Anyway, on a brighter and more realistic note I did manage to collect pane 5 data last night (Pane 5 is to the right of the lower right pane at the moment) - The Spider and fly are both well and truly caught, but of course, now another pane is needed (pane 6!) top right. This is never ending!

I need a bigger chip!!!

Thanks Neil and Peter - I think the book will be a long time coming!!

Anyway, on a brighter and more realistic note I did manage to collect pane 5 data last night (Pane 5 is to the right of the lower right pane at the moment) - The Spider and fly are both well and truly caught, but of course, now another pane is needed (pane 6!) top right. This is never ending!

I need a bigger chip!!!

Sara we ALL need bigger chips but hey xmas is here you never know what you'll get :grin:

Archived