NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What's the best wood glue

Astralstroll

Cascamite is now Polymite, good but doesn't take shocks very well. Anything from Titebond will work. Aerolite is good, too. If you want one of the best you might try the West system (epoxy). Depends what the application is.

HTH :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

For everyday joinery that is meant to be water-proof there is nothing better (and economical) than polyurethane glue (as used in many boatyards).

For some seriously structural stuff epoxy mixed with some flock is perfect (but complicated, expensive and potentially nasty to your skin).

You have also a choice of glues used in aviation - either Aerolite (Urea Formaldehyde) or Aerodux (Resorcinol Formaldehyde).

Forget about PVA - it's OK for furniture.

The title says it all really, what's the best wood glue for use with plywood? A long time ago when I built a model boat it was Cascamite. Is there anything better available these days?

What are you making?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm hoping to get back on with building my big dobsonian scope in the New Year. Work on it has been somewhat interrupted by a seemingly endless string of other woodworking projects. These have included two compost bins, five large planters, a couple of bird boxes and now a large storage cupboard for my girlfriends kitchen. Endless fun, and somewhat of a challenge to my rather basic woodworking skills. Still, I do feel that I'm getting better. Just as well with a telescope to build.

Gorilla glue, it fills gaps works on damp wood as it sets it foams, use gloves because it stains the skin, the set glue can be sanded, keep the bottle sealed,

if you need it to set quicker spray with water.

Regards

Rowbow  

Archived